Revised Fees for consultancy and accreditation services
Revised July 2018
Fees charged by the Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and Other Health Professions (CAAM-HP)
As set out in the document, Procedures of the CAAM-HP, one of the important functions of the CAAM-HP is to determine fees payable by institutions in connection with the accreditation of their programmes. In addition, one of the sources of revenue is income derived from earnings for services provided by the Authority.
The following increases become effective August 1, 2018:
- Schools applying for accreditation for the first time pay an administrative fee of US$ 15,000.00, US$2,500.00 for each additional campus and US$5,000.00 per hospital (clinical affiliate) to be visited on each visit.
- Schools with accredited programmes pay an annual fee of US$2,000.00 for every 100 new students admitted in a calendar year as a condition of maintaining accredited status.
- At the time a school submits a Notice of Appeal it must also submit a non-refundable fee of US$1,500.00 and an additional US$6,000.00 as a deposit on the payment of costs (a total of US$7,500.00) made payable to the Authority.
- Schools in non-CARICOM member countries requesting accreditation services from CAAM- HP are required to pay the administrative fee of US$20,000.00 plus a service fee of US$10,000.00. For the Spanish-speaking countries an additional cost for translation of documents will be included.
- Schools requesting consultation services from CAAM-HP are required to pay a fee of US$10,000.00 in addition to meeting the consultant’s (Secretariat staff) airfare and accommodation costs.
- CAAM-HP charges fees for an accreditation review which include travel and accommodation costs and honorarium for site visit teams. An administrative fee of US$10,000.00 will be included in the budget for each site visit.
- Team chairs and team secretaries receive an honorarium of US$400.00 per day each and team members US$300.00 per day. In addition, the team secretary receives US$1,500.00 for preparation and submission of the site visit report.
- Governments applying to the National Committee on Foreign Medical Education and Accreditation (NCFMEA) of the US Department of Education for initial determination and re-determination of comparability will be required to pay CAAM-HP an administrative fee of US$15,000.00.
Schedule of Fees, Revised July 2018